E-commerce is a concept that can be extended to any type of business or commercial transaction that involves the transfer of information through the Internet. transact goods and services electronically without barriers of time or distance.
We believe that soon the boundaries between “conventional” commerce and “electronic” commerce will tend to narrow. More and more companies are using e-commerce as a way to place their products and services on the market.
E e-commerce emerges as an additive to the conventional business model, helping to drive sales and reach a different audience. It is also considered a marketing tool in the dissemination of brands and associated products and services.
- B2B: business between companies are called B2B or Business to Business;
- B2C: businesses that target consumers are called B2C or Businnes to Consumer.
Advantages for companies:
- Dynamic, versatile and personalized sales channel;
- Exploitation of new business opportunities;
- Elimination of location and time barriers;
- Automation of the sales system;
- Ease of transmitting information about products and brand;
- Low operating cost;
- Ease of access to products;
Essential points you should consider in an E-commerce solution:
E-commerce should not be the only means of contact with customers, other means should be used to promote the products and services provided. It must face E-commerce as one more tool among many that strengthens the relationship with the customer.
- Contact information must be present and in a conspicuous place;
The information for each product must be clear and objective;
- Pop-ups, attempts to capture emails and other more aggressive marketing techniques should be avoided;
The price information must include all fees and costs inherent to the purchase so as not to cause doubt to the consumer;
- In terms of payment and for security reasons for both parties, the use of credit cards should be avoided. Like this, the use of payment methods such as paypal or similar becomes essential;
- The product catalog must be up to date;
- A stock management system must be implemented that allows an automatic update of the stock made available on the online sales platform;